Responsibilities of our students
- Students are required to show respect to their instructors and other students.
- Students are required to only offer advice in class or on the dance floor when directly asked.
- Students are required to respect the studio property and premises.
- Students should try to attend all classes, punctually and as a courtesy, apologise when interrupting a class and to advise teachers (in advance when possible) if they will be absent from a class.
- Students are required to revise and practice when preparing for performances and enrol in the classes as agreed upon for the performance class.
- Students are required to moderate their language, conversation and behaviour when they are representing the studio.
- Students are required to clean up after themselves and maintain clean studios and amenities.
- Students are required to be respectful when other classes are taking place.
- Students are required to use deodorant. Students who perspire excessively should keep a personal hand towel on hand and/or change of clothing.
- Lost property will be available at the studio for one month.
- Breaching the code, depending on the severity of an incident, one warning will be given, followed by a suspension.
- Stealing is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the school. Whether the direct acquisition of another person’s property, not paying studio fees or not enrolling in classes/paying the required fees of the course without prior agreement.
Code of Conduct
Swastik is committed to providing safe, exciting and educational classes for each of our students. We believe that ethics – moral principles, standard practices, and etiquette are important elements in the dance world and should be part of a dancer’s education. To provide a safe and uplifting environment for everyone, we ask that instructors and students follow the studio’s code of conduct. It takes everyone’s help to create a positive learning experience. Thank you in advance for working together.
- Before attending a dance class at Swastik Dance, you agree to provide us with your full name, phone number, email address and next of kin contact details in case of emergency.
- All purchases are final, non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-extendable and cannot be shared. Cash or Eftpos/credit cards are accepted for all purchases. No personal cheques. Refunds or adjustments or carry forward class cannot be arranged if a student is unable to attend the class during the Term.
- Max two Makeup classes is permitted against the missed class, depending on the availability. Swastik does not guarantee any makeup class if the absence not being informed in advance.
- Concession discounts are available for family admissions only for immediate family members and international students.
- Teachers and classes are subject to change. If a class is cancelled or sold out you may be asked to choose another class.
- Swastik Dance takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes. By entering our dance studio you agree that Swastik Dance is in no way responsible for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the studios. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and medically fit for the class and during the class you must take care at all times of your own personal safety. You must monitor the safekeeping of personal belongings while attending class, as Swastik Dance does not take responsibility for lost or stolen property.
- You understand that classes at Swastik Dance may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. You agree that you will not sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Swastik Dance or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- Patrons to the Dance Studios will be refused entry if thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- All the classes need to be booked and paid in advance for the next month to secure your place.
- All students must report to the Reception on Arrival and get their card punched.
- Students must not enter the studio before their starting time and wait in reception area.
- Hair should be tied up during the dance class and must wear uniform for the class.
- Exits must be kept clear all the times.
- Prior booking is necessary for any makeup class.
- Swastik will provide you with costumes at performances for rent.
- Consent form to be signed and filled up by parents for those children who wish to walk alone from Swastik to their home.
- If Swastik Institute of Dance have to cancel a class, registrants will be notified in advance and fees paid will be refunded or credited.
- If a student/parent cancels a class, there will be no refund or credit given.
All purchases are final, non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-extendable and cannot be shared. Cash or Eftpos/credit cards are accepted for all purchases. No personal cheques. Refunds or adjustments or carry forward class cannot be arranged if student was unable to attend the class during the Term.
Swastik institute of Dance will only issue a refund under the following circumstances:
- If the class was cancelled due to lack of numbers.
- If the class was cancelled due to the late arrival, or last-minute cancellation by the teacher.
- If the class was cancelled due to an emergency or circumstances beyond our control.
- There are no refunds for change of mind or if customer do not like the services. If a client would like to check the services, there is a drop-in class as an option.
- Fee is charged on monthly and termly bases and once the fee is paid, it will not be refunded or carry forward for any missed classes.
- For serious medical conditions upon providing medical reports and specialist letter, Swastik can provide carry forward classes(only to maximum 3 months) but no refunds. For General sickness, GP letters are not accepted.