COVID-19 Safety Plan & Guidelines
- Swastik dance studio will now be a drop-off/pick up studio only until further notice. If a parent needs to speak at the reception, please maintain the recommended distance. All payments are contactless. We encourage you to pay online before class, or if required, then you can pay at the studio but only through the card. Pre-payment online will help us maintain a safe environment while facilitating smoother operations.
- At the entrance of the classroom, a hand sanitiser will be available for students and a staff member will confirm its use. We also encourage each dancer to have their own travel sanitiser available. If the student has any allergies to the sanitiser, please let us know in advance, and we will make them use the pump dispenser hand soap instead.
- We will be ending each class 5 minutes earlier to allow time to pick up students and wipe down and sanitise any surfaces used in class.
- Our studio will be cleaned thoroughly each week as well as wipe downs throughout the day.
- Dressing/waiting areas will no longer be available. We ask that dancers arrive to class wearing their dance attire. Cover-Ups must be able to fit inside their dance bag.
- Loaner scarf or Ghungroos are no longer available.
- Student will not be allowed to remain inside the studio unless they are actively participating in the class. The number of people in the rest areas will be closely monitored.
- We will re-evaluate the activities that require contact to ensure kids & adults maintain social distancing.
- Please bring your own water bottles and take them home with you. All water bottles left inside the studio will be thrown outside in the garbage.
- Bathrooms will be wiped down after each use.
- Masks are optional for dancers as there are issues with children exercising wearing masks. If you choose to wear a mask while dancing, please be aware of any breathing issues that may occur and make sure it is safe for you.
- Please note that occupancy inside the studio and class size will be limited to maintain effective physical distancing practices and to comply with health and safety regulations by state officials. Each person needs to maintain a distance of 1.5m from the others.
- All measures are deployed in advance before reopening, and all members of the staff have been trained properly
- All visitors must provide their full name and address and we will need to save that information for 28 days.
- Any visitors being tested for COVID must advise the school immediately and must share the results when they are back
- All visitors must sign the visitors’ sheet
These “COVID Safety Rules” are not comprehensive and may be revised at any time. Once again, your health and safety while in our studio are extremely important to us. We expect you, our dancers, our visitors and staff to abide by the rules and guidelines described above.
As a business, if we determine a dancer or guardian is violating these guidelines, we reserve the right to deny entry into the studio or send them home.
Please note that while the coronavirus pandemic remains an active threat, we will operate under shorter classroom hours. Please be available to pick up your dancer 10 minutes earlier than usual.
Disclaimer as to Coronavirus-Related Liabilities
In addition to being unprecedented, the coronavirus pandemic remains a highly fluid situation. While the state and city have permitted businesses to reopen, the risk posed by coronavirus remains. While we have taken Swastik to keep you and our dancers healthy and safe while inside our studio, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a dancer will not become ill. This being the case, it is essential to know your choice to return to the studio is at your own risk. You assume all risk and liability associated with the coronavirus infection. We ask that all dancers (parent/guardian on behalf of the dancer) acknowledge/waiver before entering the studio. Of course, we would love seeing all of our dancers as soon as possible. Still, if you are uncomfortable returning to the studio right now, or concerned about exposure to the coronavirus, the best practice would be to stay home and participate using our Virtual option.
Release of Liability/Assumption of the Risk Relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. Coronavirus is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person to person contact. As a result, federal and state governments and health agencies recommend physical distancing and have in many places prohibited the assembly of large groups.
By agreeing, you (referred to below as “I”) understand, acknowledge and agree to the following statements:
- I assume the risks that I, my guests and/or my children may be exposed to or become infected with the coronavirus. Such exposure and/or infection may result in personal injury, illness, causing mild symptoms such as fever or body aches, or more severe complications, such as pneumonia or organ failure, permanent disability or death. I further understand that the risk of exposure to or infection with the coronavirus may result from the acts omissions or negligence of yourself or others, including but not limited to SWASTIK employees, owners and other members.
- I acknowledge that I have carefully read this waiver and release of Liability and fully understand that this is a release of Liability
- I Agree if I should require medical care of treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance
- I Agree This agreement was entered into at arm’s length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between two parties of equal bargaining strength. I confirm that this agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms and that I have had an opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification regarding any and all provisions.
- If the participant is under the age of consent (18 years or under), then this release must be accepted by a parent or guardian.
By registering to attend any Swastik classes, you agreed to the Release of Liability Agreement:
- I am participating in classes, offered by Swastik Dance Studio. I recognise that dance classes require physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Classes. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit, and I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in the Classes.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to advise the instructor of any injuries or if I am pregnant so the instructor can provide suitable modifications where required.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in Classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the lessons.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in Classes, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against the owners, instructors, and assistants, individually or otherwise, of Swastik Dance Studio for damages, and injury that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Swastik Dance Studio for injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
- I will not hold responsible/sue Swastik Dance Studio, instructors or employees for any injuries suffered by me caused whole or in part by my failure to follow the instructions of you or your employees or by any physical impairment of mine not fully disclosed to you in writing.
Responsibilities of our students
- Students are required to show respect to their instructors and other students.
- Students are required to only offer advice in class or on the dance floor when directly asked.
- Students are required to respect the studio property and premises.
- Students should try to attend all classes, punctually and as a courtesy, apologise when interrupting a class and to advise teachers (in advance when possible) if they will be absent from a class.
- Students are required to revise and practice when preparing for performances and enrol in the classes as agreed upon for the performance class.
- Students are required to moderate their language, conversation and behaviour when they are representing the studio.
- Students are required to clean up after themselves and maintain clean studios and amenities.
- Students are required to be respectful when other classes are taking place.
- Students are required to use deodorant. Students who perspire excessively should keep a personal hand towel on hand and/or change of clothing.
- Lost property will be available at the studio for one month.
- Breaching the code, depending on the severity of an incident, one warning will be given, followed by a suspension.
- Stealing is not tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the school. Whether the direct acquisition of another person’s property, not paying studio fees or not enrolling in classes/paying the required fees of the course without prior agreement.
Code of Conduct
Swastik is committed to providing safe, exciting and educational classes for each of our students. We believe that ethics – moral principles, standard practices, and etiquette are important elements in the dance world and should be part of a dancer’s education. To provide a safe and uplifting environment for everyone, we ask that instructors and students follow the studio’s code of conduct. It takes everyone’s help to create a positive learning experience. Thank you in advance for working together.
- Before attending a dance class at Swastik Dance, you agree to provide us with your full name, phone number, email address and next of kin contact details in case of emergency.
- All purchases are final, non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-extendable and cannot be shared. Cash or Eftpos/credit cards are accepted for all purchases. No personal cheques. Refunds or adjustments or carry forward class cannot be arranged if a student is unable to attend the class during the Term.
- Max two Makeup classes is permitted against the missed class, depending on the availability. Swastik do not guarantee any makeup class if the absence not being informed in advance.
- Gift Cards are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. Lost class cards can be replaced for a fee of $5.
- Concession discounts are available for family admissions only for immediate family members and international students.
- Teachers and classes are subject to change. If a class is cancelled or sold out you may be asked to choose another class.
- Swastik Dance takes all reasonable care in the conduct of its classes. By entering our dance studio you agree that Swastik Dance is in no way responsible for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the studios. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and medically fit for the class and during the class you must take care at all times of your own personal safety. You must monitor the safekeeping of personal belongings while attending class, as Swastik Dance does not take responsibility for lost or stolen property.
- You understand that classes at Swastik Dance may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. You agree that you will not sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Swastik Dance or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- Patrons to the Dance Studios will be refused entry if thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- All the classes need to be booked and paid in advance for the next month to secure your place.
- All students must report to the Reception on Arrival and get their card punched.
- Students must not enter the studio before their starting time and wait in reception area.
- Hair should be tied up during the dance class and must wear uniform for the class.
- Exits must be kept clear all the times.
- Prior booking is necessary for any makeup class.
- Swastik will provide you with costumes at performances for rent.
- Consent form to be signed and filled up by parents for those children who wish to walk alone from Swastik to their home.
- If WE (Swastik Institute of Dance) have to cancel a class, registrants will be notified in advance and fees paid will be refunded or credited.
- If a student/parent cancels a class, there will be no refund or credit given.
All purchases are final, non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-extendable and cannot be shared. Cash or Eftpos/credit cards are accepted for all purchases. No personal cheques. Refunds or adjustments or carry forward class cannot be arranged if student unable to attend the class during the Term.
Swastik institute of Dance will only issue a refund under the following circumstances:
- If the class was cancelled due to lack of numbers.
- If the class was cancelled due to the late arrival, or last-minute cancellation by the teacher.
- If the class was cancelled due to an emergency or circumstances beyond our control.
- There are no refunds for change of mind or if customer do not like the services.If a client would like to check the services, there is a drop-in class as an option.
- Fee is charged on monthly and termly bases and once the fee is paid, it will not be refunded or carry forward for any missed classes.
- For serious medical conditions upon providing medical reports and specialist later Swastik can provide carry forward classes but no refunds.For General sickness, GP letters are not accepted.